Monday, September 15, 2008

Trying to Keep Organized

Things have been so busy these past few weeks. So much on the plate! I have recently been selected to head up an awesome group of ladies who minister, so selflessly to young girls/women. I feel like this is such an incredible responsibility! Scripture tells us to mentor the younger so that they will not falter as they grow. My desire is to walk beside, encourage and support these mentors who are doing such a great job of mentoring the young girls/women in our church! I want them to know that someone is praying for THEM each and every day and that what they do is not in vain.

Our world is so full of rmgs = really mean girls. Even in church life it exists. I walked into 2 great girls just yesterday at church who were in the throws of this rmg thing. You know, I don't even think that the 2 young ladies even realized what they were saying or how it impacted the other little girl that they were talking about. You see this other little girl heard them and knew it was she that they were making fun of and trying to avoid. It breaks my heart. She looks at these 2 other girls as "friends" and spends each week with them. It's so hard to see these things happen. I am sure that if we all looked back at our own childhoods, we could see events that changed how we looked at ourselves and others. How much more magnified is it today? That is why I am so excited about being able to walk along side of these wonderful sponsors and helpers each week; to encourage them to continue in the fight for our girl's hearts, minds and souls. They are the next generation of warriors for His Kingdom!

Mondays are a busy, busy day in our home this school year. The girls have piano, followed by chemistry at MOSI, followed by 2.5 hours of pointe and jazz. We are out of the house from noontime until 830! I hope NOT to do this again next school year. Both are so enjoying the arts though and that's so awesome to me being that my heart(and degree) is in the arts. They are having a great time in chemistry too. They have met some nice boys and girls(12 in their class), and are learning so much. It was $$ saved up that was well spent. :-)

Off to finish up some odds and ends for an upcoming sleepover this week-end!
Be Blessed!

2 comments:

Becky said...

It was a great night! Thanks for all you are doing for our girls. : )

I gave you a blog award. Come by the blog and see it when you have time.
See you tomorrow.

Blessed said...

You are sweet, Becky!
Thanks for your input on the difficult situation from Friday. I am hoping to touch base and some ladies and implement some new procedures! You are such a blessing!