Friday, August 15, 2008

I Guess I Need Some Rest

I can now say that I have been embarrassed to the point of a hot, red face.

Two of my Thursday meetings run back to back, one being at 530 and the other at 700. Following the 530 meeting, I began a "getting started session" for the new members who had joined. Around 615 or so, some members for the 700 meeting began lingering out in the hall. I told them to, "Come on in." When I had completed the gss, I stayed in the meeting room and began chatting with the 700 members.

For some reason I glanced at the clock and got concerned that I was going to start the meeting late. So.... I began the meeting, at 640! The entire time, I was thinking, "Where is everyone?, I can't believe they would stay home because of the rain!, Take care of the few who did come out." About 645 or so, I told the members that since I had started the meeting late, I would run the meeting until 10 after. That's when one of them reminded me that the meeting wasn't supposed to start until 700! OH MY GOSH! I stared at the clock, and that's when I felt my face get hot, hot, hot! I ran next door, to the weigh-in room and, sure enough! There were the members, in line waiting for their turn at the scales! I sat down next to my receptionist, who just smiled at me. I told her what I had done, and she broke out laughing as did the rest of the members in line. I have never done anything like that before. Needless to say, I began the meeting, AGAIN! at 700.

And that's the rest of the story.
Be Blessed,

1 comment:

Becky said...

That's funny.
Hope you got some rest! : )
We missed you at that party on Sunday.
Blessings!